Friday 3 February 2012

Dai and Megan

Dai had proposed to Megan and been accepted.

"But," added Megan, “before we get married I must tell you something dreadful about my past life."

"No", said Dai, "I won't hear of it. You can tell me after we're married."

After they were married and had set off for their honeymoon in Penarth, Megan again brought up the subject of her ‘dreadful secret’.

"No", said Dai, "it can wait. Tell me when we're in bed together, that'll be soon enough."

That night as they got into bed Megan declared "Well, Dai, now I really do have to tell you my secret. You see, I'm a virgin.”

Dai didn't say a word, but put on his clothes and travelled all the way back to his mother's house.

"Dai!" said his mother, "what are you doing here, you're supposed to be on your honeymoon."

"It's no good", said Dai, "I've had to leave Megan; it turns out she's a virgin."

"Well, Dai", said his mother, "in that case you were quite right to come home. If she's not good enough for the rest of the village she's not good enough for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment